“Size does matter: We measured 12 women and only one was wearing a well-fitting bra. Why DO so many of us buy the wrong size?” so says Daily Mail
In this blog, we will explain why having an expert Bra fitting is important for your comfort and health.
Why do so many ladies wear the wrong Bra size?
Well, there are some simple reasons:
- Natural stretch in the fabric from wearing and washing over time.
- You have become accustomed to a certain Bra size even though it may not be best suited for you.
- The straps and back band are not adjusted properly.
- They are bought from a retailer that doesn’t offer a Fitting service.
- Poor fitting advice has been received. We regularly have customers visiting us who have bought a Bra elsewhere that fits badly or is the wrong style and they have had fitting advice!
- A person’s shape has changed but they haven’t replaced their Bra.
- The Bra itself is of poor quality manufacture or is simply not suitable to offer the level of support and comfort needed. At the end of the day, the saying “you pay for what you get” remains a truism!
A tape measure is not reliable
There is a common misconception that because you have been measured with a certain Back and Cup size, then this applies to all Bras. This simply isn’t the case. Each manufacturer and style of Bra has certain variations which mean each person doesn’t have one Bra size.
That is why we fit the Bra to our customer and do not simply rely on a simple measurement.
So how would I know if my Bra doesn’t fit properly?
Well, you may notice that you are bursting out over the front of the cup or that it simply feels very uncomfortable (too tight or too slack) or doesn’t feel supportive. Perhaps your Bra is no longer offering support and you are getting the dreaded saggy boobs.
So why is it important that my Bra fits properly?Well as the boffins at Portsmouth University say: It is really important that women of all breast sizes are wearing appropriate and correctly-fitted breast support for everyday activities as wearing the correct bra size will improve your general health and well-being”.
Because it is so important to the health and wellbeing of our customers, that is why we offer fitting advice by experts that have years of experience and training to fit the Bras we sell.
In addition, as Claire say “it is why we offer the service FREE and without the need for an appointment as we want to make it as easy as possible for our customers to access this service and therefore avoid buying a Bra that simply isn’t suitable”.
We bet there are not many national retailers that can boast a service like this!